Sunday 3 August 2014

Lateral X


What's This?
A couple of months ago this beauty showed-up at the Base Gym in Oromocto where I train.  I'm attracted to new fitness gear like a raccoon to a dumpster, so I jumped on to give it a spin. 
I loved it.  The first time that I used the Lateral X, my quads burned like mad within minutes.  By the second or third time I used this machine I had adjusted to it and was getting a really good cardio workout.  I wish that I had one at home because time flies when I'm on this.

Here's what makes the Lateral X cool:  the foot pedals move in a sideways elliptical motion.  Sort of like a skating stride.  And...you can adjust the width on a scale of 1-10. 

Pedals Wide
Not only does adjusting the pedal width keep one amused while doing what could otherwise be boring cardio but it hits different areas of the thighs/glutes.  I like to slowly cycle the machine through all widths.
Pedals Narrow
The degree of resistance is also variable and is adds nicely to the level of exertion.  I have some clients who hate this machine but most like it.  There are the usual semi-automated programs on the machine and I've played with a few of them but like having the full control that "manual" offers.

See if your gym has a Lateral X.  If not, let them know that you want one.  Maybe you'll get a set of Hammies like these:


Hate Me Now - Thank Me Later

Tom

www.facebook.com\FEATTraining

No comments:

Post a Comment