Sunday 24 June 2012

Shoe Review - Asics Gel Nimbus 13

ASICS Gel Nimbus 13


New Runners


Is there a bigger thrill than a brand new pair of sneakers?  I went into Cleve's Source for Sports in Fredericton to buy a new pair of hockey pants for my Bantam player and as often happens to me, I noticed some other stuff on sale.


Good Deal

The store was having a sale where you paid regular price for one pair of shoes and you got the second pair for only $1.00.  Since my wife needed new running shoes too, it was easy to convince her to do some shoe shopping.  She got a pair of ladies' ASICS Gel Nimbus 13 also.  Each pair was regularly priced at $189 (ouch). But, not bad getting two pairs for about $90 a pair.

Her ASICS Gel Nimbus 13

The Test

I took my ASICS out for a test-run (approx 3km).  They felt great.  I have more metal in my right ankle than my tool box, so I need a really cushy, forgiving ride from a running shoes.  These were sweet.  My last pair of running shoes were Sauconys.  I totally respect Saucony but they just didn't protect my ankle the way I needed.  The ASICS Gel Nimbus 13 had a great sole and good support.  The only slight problem that I had was with the back of the shoes rubbing on my skin.  The achilles support pad rubbed through the skin on my right leg.  You know how nice salty sweat feels oozing into an open wound.  The big takeaway for me is to wear higher socks until the shoes are broken in.  I was wearing really low ankle socks and that led to brand-new shoe material rubbing against sweaty skin...and the abrasion.  My wife wore her shoes for our Saturday morning hike through Fredericton.  She loved them and had no problems.  Oh yeah; I did buy the boy a nice new pair of CCM hockey pants too.

The Recommendation

I like the ASICS Gel Nimbus 13.  If you can overlook the strange mix of colours in the styling (I can) they are a great shoe. 



Tom

Hate Me Now - Thank Me Later

find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FEATTraining


2 comments:

  1. She got a pair of ladies' ASICS Gel Nimbus 13 also. Each pair was regularly priced at $189 (ouch). But, not bad getting two pairs for about $90 ... easicsgelnimbus.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete