Wednesday 22 August 2012

Brute Force Sandbag

Its Here!
Successful Order.

I ordered my Brute Force sandbag online and here it is.  I'm writing this post because I think that this product is kind of cool and I like writing about fitness equipment.  Brute Force has not asked me to write this and I hope they don't mind.  This kit cost me about $155 after shipping and handling and duty.



The Contents
What's in the Box?

The shipping box contains the main outer bag.  They sent me the right colour and size.  The kit includes two smaller bags that the sand goes in.  There's a handy sheet of instructions that has some humourous hints.  No - they don't send you sand.  Who wants to pay postage for one of the most plentiful substances on earth?



Buy Some Sand for the Kit

The Assembly Process

Buy some sand.  Don't use the cat-faeces-laden sand in your yard. I got mine in the gardening section of a local home building store.  Paid a bit extra for the fancy stuff.  The bag said "20kg" which is just over 44lbs. 

Filling the Bags
Filling the Bags

Get a helper to hold the bag open for you while you pour in some sand.  One of the interior bags is larger than the other.  I like to think that this is intended by Brute Force.  Either way, it works ok.  I filled each bag about half-full.

Seal the Bags
Sealing

The interior bags have a generous amount of velcro for a nice tight closure.

Both Interior Bags Filled
Interior Bags Filled

Here's both interior bags with 20kgs of sand between the two of them.  I didn't weigh them - I just eyeballed it and it turned-out ok.

Final Step
Inserting the Interior Bags

Stuff the filled interior bags into the outer bag and zip it closed with the zipper.  This was easy with only about 45lbs of sand.  This sack is rated for up to 70lbs of sand.  That might be tough to achieve if you're not good at stuffing huge things into tight spaces.

Final Product
Complete

That whole process took about 10 minutes and I'm happy to say that no instructions were necessary.  The enclosed instructions are full of man wisdom like "don't set the bag on fire - but if you do; send us a video".  It contains no insulting directions like "unzip the zipper".  The exterior bag is loaded with tons of sturdy handles making the bag really practical for different lifts.

Using the Bag

I've used the bag with a couple outdoor fitness clients so far.  I've used it to weigh them down for shuttle-runs and I've laid it on their backs for low plank.  Good results so far, judging from the grimaces of anguish and misery noted.  The shifting nature of the sand forces the user to really engage their core to cope.  Future posts will show the Brute Force sandbag in action with Fitness Excellence Athletic Training clients.

More Brute Force Info

Here's a link to the company's website  www.bruteforcesandbags.com

Tom

Hate Me Now - Thank Me Later

No comments:

Post a Comment